The Boise Bicycle Project (BBP) is a non-profit bicycle cooperative that creates opportunities for empowerment, education, and social change through bicycles and bicycle repair. As a nonprofit, we repair bicycles donated from the community, and redistribute them through our charitable programs and affordable bike sales. As a cooperative, we teach the community how to repair their own bicycles in our shared use shop space. Our charitable programs seek to make bicycles, and bicycle repair/safety education available to the entire community regardless of income.
BBP's many charitable programs are made possible by its community oriented shop operations. BBP's technicians work on a variety of bikes from the early 1930's to modern full carbon race bikes.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regulating the flow of the shop by checking in customers who want to do maintenance on their bicycles
- Operating the register
- Stocking merchandise
- Providing information on our programs
- Processing memberships and donated items
- Helping create a positive workspace
- Maintain a clean work environment
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO DO THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY
- Excellent people skills and the ability to create rapport with those involved with the organization
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to think creatively and keen problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Multitasking in an extremely fast-pace environment
- A general idea of bicycle parts and their classification
This position is currently a 6-8 month temporary position, with the possibility of extending through the winter months.
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION:
Please email the following items to Cass@boisebicycleproject.org, or drop them by the Boise Bicycle Project (1027 S Lusk St.) during our open shop hours.
- Please include a resume, or stop by BBP to pick up an application
- Include a couple paragraphs stating how you have been a part of BBP or your familiarization with the organization, as well as why you feel you would be a good candidate for the BBP staff.
* The shop is open Wednesday-Sunday, so please include on your cover letter what days you are available to work.