The Boise Bicycle Project (BBP) is a non-profit bicycle cooperative that creates opportunities for empowerment, education, and social change through bicycles and bicycle repair. As a nonprofit, we repair bicycles donated from the community, and redistribute them through our charitable programs and affordable bike sales. As a cooperative, we teach the community how to repair their own bicycles in our shared use shop space. Our charitable programs seek to make bicycles, and bicycle repair/safety education available to the entire community regardless of income.
BBP's many charitable programs are made possible by its community oriented shop operations. BBP's technicians work on a variety of bikes from the early 1930's to modern full carbon race bikes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean work environment for customers as well as other mechanics
- Refurbish used bikes in a timely manner so that they can then be purchased
- Educate customers on how to properly maintain their bikes
- Examine parts donated to ensure quality products that will be on the floor for sale
- Organize parts room
- Help customers pick out the right bike for what they intend to use the bike for
Qualifications needed to do the job successfully
- Excellent mechanical skills (minimum two years hands-on, professional shop experience working with a variety of bicycles)
- The ability to problem solve with bikes and find solutions
- The ability to work with a wide variety of clientele
- Excellent people skills that will enable you to work with a wide variety of clientele
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to think creatively and keen problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Multitasking in an extremely fast-paced environment
Part time position starts at $10/hour with opportunity to grow (hours and wages).
Full time position will be based on experience.
Applying for the position:
Please email the following items to email@example.com or drop them by the Boise Bicycle Project (1027 S Lusk St.) during our open shop hours
- Please include a resume or stop by BBP to pick up an application
- Include a couple paragraphs stating how you have been a part of BBP or your familiarization with the organization, as well as why you feel you would be a good candidate for the BBP staff.
* Technicians are at the shop 7 days a week, so please include on your cover letter what days you are available to work.