Roll with BBP
Pedal 4 The People kicks off in just 3 weeks: June 23, 24, & 25!
Here’s what you need to know to make the most of P4TP:
P4TP is a 3 day all out community organized bicycle festival designed to:
- Celebrate Boise's diverse, dynamic, and delightful bicycle culture
- Provide opportunities for groups and individuals to create and host their own pedal-powered events
- Create the most fun-filled, empowering experience you've ever had on a bicycle.
How to Pedal 4 The People:
1. Get your P4TP Pass which gets you FREE entry into all of the P4TP events all weekend long.
- Your Pass comes with a P4TP spoke card: it's a punch card that you bring to every P4TP event you attend. The more punches you have, the more points and raffle tickets you'll earn for prizes at Grand Finale Event. The prizes are sweet, you definitely want to rack up those punches.
- Finally, a P4TP Pass gets you $5 gift certificate to BBP! Use it to grab a limited edition P4TP T-shirt or poster, any of your favorite BBP Gear, or any used bikes or parts!
*If you don't have a pass, each of the 3 main events will cost you about $5.
2. Check out the P4TP Events Calendar and start planning your nonstop P4TP adventure!
Other ways to P4TP:
- Create your own P4TP Event!
- Be a volunteer event Ambassador - you'll be a representative of BBP at someone else's P4TP event (answer questions about BBP, P4TP, punch P4TP spoke cards). Don't worry, we'll give you all the info you need ahead of time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be an Ambassador.
- Be a P4TP Volunteer - you can help with things like Helladrome obstacle course set up, the Registration booth, or Finale Parade ride leader. Email email@example.com if you'd like to be a volunteer.
*Volunteers and Ambassadors receive a free P4tP weekend pass.
Friday, June 9 6-8pm
Join us this Friday to celebrate May's Bike-a-Thon riders! Meet at the shop at 6pm for a family-friendly ride to Julia Davis Park, Boise Pavilion. We'll be giving out awards to all the Bike-a-Thon participants and top riders. Plus, Mikey will be firing up the BBP grill, Pedal Pies will have some delicious treats to share. Feel free to bring your own side dish to share pot-luck style!
Thanks to these awesome sponsors for donating Bike-a-Thon Prizes:
- Wahooz Family Fun Zone
- Roaring Springs Water Park
- Zoo Boise
- Aquarium of Boise
- Goody's Soda Fountain
Volunteer with BBP
It’s official, June is here and volunteering at BBP is in full swing. Thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard to make May an amazing month. Together, we processed countless donated bicycles, pulled off an incredible Idaho Gives Day event, and gave away 30 more kids bikes. Well done! This week we’ll be looking out for some awesome volunteer opportunities including…
Kids Bash on Saturday, June 10th
Come experience the thrill of a Kids BASH. We’ll be giving away kids bikes and need folks to help run the safety course, help fit helmets, and fit kids to their new bikes.
Come frolic in the sunshine and help BBP earn money for our volunteer programs. We still need 9 volunteers to help sell and serve drinks at Alive After Five.
New and Improved Open-Hours opportunities
Stop on in and check out our new volunteer area. While you at it you can help a walk-in with a quick fix, repair a kids bike, salvage bike parts, or help process donations...the possibilities are endless!
Have a great week, and I hope to see you all in the shop or out and about at our special events. Until then, happy trails!