Roll with BBP
Pedal 4 the People is just around the corner, which means the deadline for creating your very own P4tP event is near! If you create your event by Sunday, June 18th, it will be featured on the P4tP Spoke Card and in Boise Weekly!
What’s the deal with creating a P4tP Event?
- Your event can be anything you imagine (just as long as it has something to do with bicycles!)
- Your event can be anytime during P4tP Weekend, June 23-25 - we just ask that it doesn’t overlap too much with one of the Main P4tP Events: Bike Prom, Helladrome, or the Finale
- Your event can be happening at the same time as other community P4tP Events - the more Pedal 4 events for folks to choose from, the better!
- Your event can be free or it can be a fundraiser for BBP or any other organization you wish to support
- Most importantly, we want you to have FUN putting on your event. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have questions or need help planning an event.
PrideFest Bike Parade
Saturday, June 17th, 11:15am
June is Pride Month and Boise is going all out this year for Pride Festival! Boise Bicycle Project is teaming up with PrideFest for the Pride Parade on Saturday, June 17th to organize for the first time - the Ride with Pride portion of the parade. We’ll hop on our bikes and ride the parade route - feel free to deck out your bike with Pride decorations!
Check out boisepridefest.org for the full Pride weekend schedule and parade map.
Volunteer with BBP
- Mobile Fix-it at Whitney Elementary on June 15th
- Join Adam and his spiffy mobile bike repair trailer as he takes bicycle education to the streets of Boise. Mechanic experience is not necessary!
- Alive After Five, June 14th
- Great people, live music, and fast-paced fun -- come see what the excitement is all about and help BBP meet our goal of $5000 for our volunteer programs!
- Bike Valet at the Capital City Public Market, June 17th
- Do you like bikes? Do like people watching? Do you like shooting the breeze with interesting folks? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then Bike Valet at the Market could be right for you!
- Pedal 4 the People, June 23-25
- There are still volunteer opportunities for P4tP! When you volunteer, you'll receive a FREE P4tP Pass which gets you free entry to all the P4tP Events + a $5 gift certificate to BBP!
- Check out opportunities for Bike Prom, Helladrome, and the Parade & Finale. We're also in need of P4tP Event Ambassadors, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
I am constantly astounded by what BBP’s volunteers accomplish each and every week. Your sustained efforts make Boise a better place for everyone and I can’t thank y’all enough for pitching in. Until next time, happy trails!
Shop Updates & Member Opportunities
Upcoming Members Class: Friday, June 1, 6:30-8
Hydraulic Brake Bleeding
Join us this Friday from 6:30-8:00PM for a hydraulic brake bleeding demonstration! BBP mechanic and all-around artisan, Rich, will be guiding the class through the finer points of replacing pads, bleeding brakes, and cutting hydraulic brake line.
We don't have the facilities to perform brake bleeds for our members or other shop users, so this will not be a Bring Your Own Bike Class. However, bleeding a brake system is a simple task with minimal tools needed. Attending this demo class will get you on your way to performing your own bleeds at home and will demystify this quick, easy, and essential bit of bike maintenance.
Everyone is Welcome at BBP
“Let Us Make This Perfectly Clear… Every Size, Every Color, Every Age, Every Culture, Every Sex, Every Religion, Every Belief, Every Type, Every Person Is Welcome At The Boise Bicycle Project.”
Earlier this year, we released a video showing the diversity of kids who are involved in our programs and who receive bikes from us. We made a statement that all are welcome at BBP. We've been working on a tangible way to continually promote that statement and the result was a new logo featuring a bike with a globe in one wheel and the peace symbol in the other. We made a limited run of BBP t-shirts featuring this logo. We will be wearing these shirts with pride and we hope you will too.
You can grab one of these limited edition All Welcome shirts in women's, men's, or youth sizes online or in the shop.