This Thursday, May 4 is Idaho Gives Day: a 24 hour fundraising effort designed to encourage giving to local non-profits.
This year BBP is taking on the 24 Hour Dream Bike Challenge during Idaho Gives.
Despite our many efforts with Kids Fix-it Nights and Mobile Bike Repair, some of the kids who receive bikes from BBP through programs like Christmas Kids Bike Giveaway have bikes that fall into disrepair. Whether it’s a rubbing brake, squeaky chain, or flat tire, these seemingly minor repairs can be the reason why a child can’t ride.
This year, we’ve asked ourselves how we can make some of these kids’ bikes rideable again. So, on May 4, BBP mechanics and volunteers will take on the 24 Hour Dream Bike Challenge, embarking on a 24 hour journey to pick up, makeover, and return 24 dream-ified bikes to 24 kids, giving them the power of a dream bike that’s ready to ride.
How can you help make an impact?
- Tune into our FreeSpirit Blog, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat to follow us on our 24 hour journey
- Like, comment & share our posts, #hashtags, and the 24 Hour Dream Bike story
- Come down to the shop to volunteer! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to wrench on some kids bikes, lead some kids rides, or help document the day
- Join us for Kids Fix-It Night from 6-8pm
- Donate to BBP on Idaho Gives Day. Every dollar raised will support Youth Earn-a-Bike and Kids Fix-It programs
Spread the love & give to other great non-profits on Idaho Gives Day. We’ve got some amazing community partners working hard to make a difference in our community. These are just a few, find the whole list on IdahoGives.org.
- Discovery Center of Idaho
- Idaho Botanical Garden
- International Rescue Committee
- Boise Contemporary Theater
- One Stone
- Idaho Walk Bike Alliance
- River Discovery
- Life's Kitchen
- Artisans 4 Hope
- Metro Meals on Wheels
- Payette River Bicycle Movement
- Recreation Unlimited