It’s been a more than a year in the works, and a tough year at that, but we’re excited to announce our Grand Unveiling of the Riding to Raise the Roof Expansion!
We couldn’t have done it without your support. You rode, wrenched, donated, volunteered, and rode some more. Now, it’s time to celebrate your efforts and the raising of the roof!
Please join us on Friday, April 21 for the Grand Unveiling!
Mayor Bieter will join Jimmy & the BBP Crew for the ribbon (by "ribbon" we mean tubes, tires, chains - we'll get fancy) cutting and unveiling.
From 2pm on, staff and volunteers will be giving shop tours, answering questions, and gushing about our new space and all it means for our community.
At 6, we'll crank up the celebration with BBQ pulled pork sandwiches (vegan/vegetarian smoked spaghetti squash option available!) from BBQ 4 Life and refreshing brews from 10 Barrel, just two of the amazing contributors to our Riding to Raise the Roof 2016 Campaign.
Just a few of the many things a new shop space means for our community:
- 2,000 newly expanded square feet
- More space, workbenches and work stands for volunteers, Members, and walk-ins. We aim to empower over 3000 community members with do-it-yourself repair skills in 2017.
- More volunteer opportunities on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and during open hours
- More opportunities to redistribute and donate bicycles through our Adult & Youth programs. We hope to put more than 1000 adults on bikes and donate more than 750 bikes to kids age 2-18 in 2017.
- Community/Classroom space available to book for free - if you're making plans to better the world, we've got a room for that.
- More opportunities to expand and connect with the community
- Another excuse to come down to the shop and say hello!
See you there! Ride on!