Founded in 2009, Artisans For Hope serves about 100 refugees per year with the help of over 30 volunteers.
Their goal is to make them feel welcome here in the Boise community and help them build a new home and life.
Boise, Idaho is one of 200 resettlement cities in the United States providing hope to an average of 800 refugees annually. These newcomers are primarily families, women, and children who have been scarred by violence and loss of their homes.
Visit their website - artisansforhope.org to learn even more about the amazing impact they're having on our community!
July Social Ride: Artisans 4 Hope
Friday, July 6 | 6:00pm-9:00pm | BBP to Artisans 4 Hope
Gather at Boise Bicycle Project shop for a group bike ride to Artisans 4 Hope where they'll be hosting an evening celebrating Boise's cultural diversity!
- Enjoy samples of ethnic and traditional food made by refugee participants
- Listen to traditional music performed by refugees
- Take a tour of Artisans 4 Hope, see demonstrations of sewing and knitting by the refugee artisans, and listen to refugee stories that inspire their Story Quilts
- Plus, games for kids and adults & performances by Artisans 4 Hope
- All riders will receive a reflective Artisans 4 Hope spoke card! And kids on the ride will get stickers and beautiful woven souvenirs.
All ages | All bikes | All welcome
While many of BBP's events allow alcohol, we'll ask you to leave the booze at home for this one.
Interested in Volunteering for The July Social Ride/Artisans for Hope Cultural Event?
To lead or support the group ride, or be a BBP representative at the Artisans 4 Hope cultural event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide information on BBP and how to get involved with our organization
- Help out with Mobile Bike Repair and fix-a-flat repair demonstrations
- Support set up and break down of BBP table & bike parking at Artisans 4 Hope
To volunteer with Artisans 4 Hope to help plan and organize the cultural event, email ----
(Dave - maybe we can include some more details about what volunteering will look like?)